- Developing online courses for teachers in Initial Teacher Education (ITE) or Continuing Professional Development (CPD) on topics related to their new role: Teacher collaboration, Personalising learning, Formative peer assessment and Creativity.
- Testing and comparing two different instructional designs and delivery modes in a randomised controlled trial.
- Running multi stakeholder national and European Dialogue Labs.
- Comparative efficacy and cost-effectiveness of different modes of online courses, for ITE or CPD.
- Optimal conditions for securing high retention rates in online courses for teachers, including the role of self-regulated learning.
- Conditions under which peer assessment can be reliably used in online teacher education, building and recognising teachers' capacities as reflective and networked practitioners.
- A Scientific and Advisory Committee of experts in the project domains
- Encouraging, through Dialogue Labs, training providers to cooperate on specific issues, thereby improving and sustaining exchanges between ITE and CPD
- Familiarising teacher educators with the new teacher competences by their being the first to test the courses and being invited to think about how such courses might be integrated within their organisations' overall training offer.
- Funding: the TeachUP project is a European Policy Experimentation funded by the European Commission via the Erasmus+ programme
- Duration: from March 2017 until February 2020
- Coordinator: European Schoolnet (www.eun.org), a network of 31 Ministries of Education from across Europe.
- Partners: 17 partners, with policy experimentation in 10 countries.
- The policy experimentation timeline and main blocks of activity are represented in the table below.
- Join the country dialogue labs which will be held each year, hosted by the project partners to share and discuss emerging results with national and regional policymakers.
- Follow the development of the 4 MOOCs (online courses) and learn more about the self-assessment tool, results and lessons learned. You can also promote the MOOCs among your teachers and school heads as a training opportunity to enhance their professional development. The MOOCs will be delivered via the European Schoolnet Academy: www.europeanschoolnetacademy.eu. Read more about the MOOCs.
- Follow the project's development and outcomes on TeachUP's website and social media, and sign-up to the 4 MOOCs (online courses) when these become available to promote amongst your schools and teacher training institutions as a training opportunity to enhance professional development of both student teachers and teachers.
|March 2017 – Dec 2017||Jan 2018 – Aug 2018||Sept 2018 – May 2019||June 2019 – Feb 2020|
|Policy experimentation preparation||Sampling and MOOC production||Field Trials||Evaluation|
| || |
Course content and translation:
Courses online in 10 languages:
|Dialogue Labs: country and cross-country level||Dialogue Labs: country and cross-country level||Dialogue Labs: country and cross-country level||Dialogue Labs: country and cross-country level|
The TeachUP project is a European Policy Experimentation co-funded by the European Commission via the Erasmus+ programme. This website reflects the views only of the authors and it does not represent the opinion of the European Commission, and the European Commission is not responsible or liable.